Satellite Communicator with Maps and Navigation Sensors
inReach Explorer+ is the satellite communicator that uses 100% global Iridium satellite coverage for 2-way messaging anywhere in the world. Plus, full-fledged GPS navigation with preloaded TOPO maps2 let you navigate with confidence, while built-in navigational sensors help you find and maintain accurate bearings. With inReach Explorer+ you can roam farther and experience more – on or off the beaten path.
- Send and receive text messages to SMS and email addresses, post to social media or communicate inReach-to-inReach
- Trigger an interactive SOS and communicate with the 24/7 search and rescue monitoring center
- Plan trips, manage your device and store tracking data using the Explore® web app
- Follow routes, drop waypoints and find your way back with a breadcrumb trackback trail with full-fledged GPS navigation including on-map guidance directly on the device
- Built in high-sensitivity GPS provides location and tracking data within 5 meters
- Built-in navigation sensors help you get and maintain accurate bearings including heading, elevation and speed
- Get weather forecasts for any location
- Track and share your location with others using Mapshare®
- Pair with mobile devices1using the free Earthmate® app to access even more downloadable maps2, U.S. NOAA charts, color aerial imagery and more
inReach devices are also rugged, impact resistant and water-rated to IPX73 with a long battery life to keep you up and running no matter what the elements throw at you.
Operating on Iridium, the world’s most reliable satellite network with 100% global coverage, your inReach works everywhere – you’re never out of reach.
Pairs with Smartphones
While inReach Explorer+ works perfectly on its own, for even more convenience and capability use the free Earthmate® app to pair inReach with your compatible smartphone and access additional downloadable maps, aerial imagery, U.S. NOAA charts, colour aerial imagery and more.
- Dimensions: 6.8 x 16.4 x 3.8 cm (2.7″ x 6.5” x 1.5″)
- Display size: 3.5 x 4.7 cm (1.37″ x 1.85″), 5.9 cm (2.3″) diagonal
- Display resolution: 200 x 265 pixels
- Display type: Transflective color TFT
- Operating temperature range: – 20 C to 60 C (-4 F to 145 F)
- Weight: 213 g (7.5 oz)
- Battery Type: Rechargeable internal Lithium Ion
- Battery life: Up to 100 hours with 10-minute tracking; 30 days in power save mode; and 1 year in standby mode
- Wireless: Bluetooth®
- Water rating: IPX73
- Interface: USB
- Built-in memory: 2 GB
- Waypoints: 500
- Routes: 20
- Supports multiple languages including English and French
1 See Garmin.com/inreachfaq for compatibility.
2 Preloaded DeLorme TOPO maps are not compatible with other Garmin devices. Other Garmin maps not compatible with this device.
3 See Garmin.com/waterrating